Marcos Antonio is a Dominican-born, U.S. Army Veteran artist who is helping humanity to create its own work of art. He is going to every country in the world to collect one million hand impressions.
5000 selected people per country on 960 panels 9×5 feet.
The name, a photo, and a film clip of each person is being collected as they leave their impression on the canvas.
Goals of the Impressions of Humanity Project
- To make a global peace canvas where people worldwide will be holding hand without conflict.
- To celebrate everything we have in common, Our Humanity.
- To erase everything that separate us
- To give a voice to people who do not have one.
- To immortalize one million people worldwide
Currently, Marcos has completed panels for:
- Dominican Republic
- Puerto Rico
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- United States of America
The journey to create these panels is fraught with peril. Marcos has suffered food poisoning and illnesses that have landed him in the emergency room three times. He has escape death five times, imprisonment eleven times and one kidnapping attempt.
Once the project is finished, the 960 panels will not be for sale. They will be Marco’s gift to Humanity.